Monday, February 4, 2019

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Meet "Alright Alvin!"  We like to call him Big Al around here because he is one big boy!  We met up with Big Al for a quick interview.  Here is what we learned:

Paws on the Mountain (POTM):  Big Al, tell us about your racing career.

Al:  What can I say, I was a winner.  I raced for nearly 5 years and just came off the track. I'm still waiting for that chicken dinner!

POTM:  What do you think made you so successful?

Al:  I have a high prey drive.  That is prey with an e.  If it moves and squeaks, I am going to do what it takes for me to get it.

POTM: How do you think that translates to your life as a pet?

Al:  Well, I have to say, life as a pet has been interesting the last three weeks.  Apparently people have this idea they should keep these squeaky toys that you are not allowed to play with in their house (they call them cats).  Because I kept trying to play with them, I was sent to my current foster home for evaluation.  They can fill you in on how that evaluation is going!

POTM:  What is your favorite part of being retired?

Al:  The kitchen.  There are so many good smells in there.  Again, there is food there that I am not allowed to take.  I don't get it.  I can reach it, I should be allowed to enjoy, right?

POTM:  Any last parting words?

Al:  I really don't have any.  I am pretty darn  handsome with a nice long schnoz.  I don't know how you could turn me down.  I would suggest talking to my foster mom to see what her evaluation is showing.

From Big Al's Foster Mom:  Big Al is right...He has a HIGH prey drive and will chase anything that moves and squeaks.  Because of this, he should be limited to a house with older kids or adults, only and no small animals (to include small dogs).  He would do great as an only dog but is equally comfortable with another companion as well.  He prefers walks to going out and running around, so he would probably be fine in a Town house.  I would only put him in an apartment if he is on a ground floor because he is a bit of a moose and may disturb any downstairs neighbors when he plays!  He is housebroken and ready to find his forever home.

No comments: